The Steering Committee:
- oversees the activity of the platform and the working groups according to the decisions and plan agreed during the Annual conference.
- proposes and decides on new actions and initiatives
- nominates the ACCELERATE chair among its members.
- nominates the working group leaders
- acts as the Scientific Programme Committee of the Annual Conference
The Steering Committee is composed of:
- Four representatives from academia
- Four representatives from advocacy
- Four representatives from industry
- Four representatives from regulatory bodies
- AQ maximum of three 3 in tuitu personae members
- The ITCC president
- The SIOPE CEO
Members are nominated for 2 years, renewable.
The Project Management Team:
- oversees the day-to-day activity of the platform and the implementation of work by the working groups
- reports to the Steering Committee
The Project Management Team is composed of:
- All the working group leaders
- The ACCELERATE Chair
The Working Groups:
- define and carry out the objectives, deliverables and milestones approved by the Steering Committee
- are composed of members from the four stakeholders. Representatives from other stakeholders may be invited to join on an ad hoc basis.
- There are two leaders (2 different stakeholders) for each working group who report to the Steering committee and the Annual Conference.
The Annual Conference:
- is attended by members of the platform and anyone interested in the field of development of new oncology drugs for children and adolescents.
- is an international scientific conference and a forum for discussion where all topics in the field are addressed.
- defines and validates the work plan of the platform for the following year.
- The Steering Committee and the Working Groups report on the activity of the platform and progresses made at the annual conference.
- is co-organised by SIOPE and ITCC
As of June 2018, the ACCELERATE Steering Committee members are (more information will follow soon):
|Gilles Vassal||ACCELERATE Chair, ITCC Director, SIOP Europe Past President|
|Samira Essiaf||SIOP Europe Chief Executive Officer|
|Andy Pearson||ITCC, Retired Royal Marsden Hospital and Instiute of Cancer Research|
|Pamela Kearns||University of Birmingham, SIOP Europe President –Elect, ITCC|
|Peter Adamson||Chair, Children’s Oncology Group, Professor of Pediatrics & Pharmacology, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania|
|Lynley Marshall||MB BCh, DCH, MRCPCH, PhD, The Royal Marsden & The Institute of Cancer Research|
|Susan Weiner||Founder & Director, Children’s Cause for Cancer Advocacy|
|Patricia Blanc||Founder of Imagine for Margo, Unite2Cure|
|Nicole Scobie||Zoé4life, CCI Europe, Unite2Cure|
|Leona Knox||Research Coordinator, Solving Kids’ Cancer
|Dominik Karres||EMA Representative (as an observer with exclusively an advisory role – excluding advice on individual product development)|
|Koen Norga||Paediatric Oncologist, Head of Clinic, Antwerp University Hospital, Paediatric Committee (PDCO), EMA Paediatric Expert|
|Alberto Pappo||Member, St. Jude Faculty, Director, Solid Tumor Division, Co-Leader, Developmental Biology & Solid Tumor Program, Alvin Mauer Endowed Chair|
|Jeffrey Skolnik||Inovio Pharmaceuticals and The University of Pennsylvania|
|Raphael Rousseau||Executive Vice President, Head of Development and Chief Medical Officer, Gritstone Oncology, Inc.|
|Darshan Wariabharaj||Janssen Pharmaceuticals|
|Elly Barry||Elly Barry, MD, MMSc, Senior Director, Global Clinical Lead for Xtandi and Pediatric Oncology, Pfizer Global Product Development Oncology|
|Rosanna Ricafort||M.D., Clinical Team Lead, Hematology & Pediatrics – Integrated Oncology Clinical Development
|Hubert Caron||MD, PhD, Principal Medical Director of Pediatric Oncology at Roche|
The Steering committee will not discuss individual product developments.